Farrah. 24. NYC

About Me | Contact

Monday, June 20, 2016

,

Smorgasburg











Smorgasburg is a food festival that started up about 3 years ago in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. 40-50 vendors set up shop at the pier and sell awesomely good (but unfortunately expensive) food. They have a few locations now, and run from April-November. Yesterday I took a solo trip to the location in Prospect Park, which is located in Brooklyn, because I wasn't really in the mood to socialize haha. I've been to Smorgasburg with friends twice before at the more popular Williamsburg location, and each time I went, I bought the Ramen Burger, because it's really good (even though it's $10 yikes). This time around, like the last time (because I'm not adventurous at all), I got the Ramen Burger, a Scallion Pancake Taco, and Pink Cactus Lemonade, which was amazing by the way. I was curious about that really popular raindrop cake, but I couldn't find the stand at this location. Apparently it tastes like crap so I'm probably not missing out on anything. After about an hour of people watching, walking, eating, sweating, and balancing my Cactus Lemonade and taco, I took the subway back home. I had a good time, even though it was a bit too crowded for my taste. It's best to go after 3pm, and during the cooler months April, beginning of May, Sept-Nov. 

Sometimes when you go out alone, you think that everyone is pitying you for being by yourself, but really, they're not even paying attention to you. I used to feel extremely self conscious when I appeared to be somewhere "alone", but as I got older, I stopped caring so much. I go to the movies alone, shopping alone, the museum alone, church alone, etc. I feel like it's such a Western thing, the idea that you must be surrounded by people at all times in order to be happy, in order to appear "normal". It's nice to be with people, but it's nice to be alone too. What do you guys think?

4 comments:

  1. I love that you went to this! I've always wanted to go. I would love going alone, too! Being alone is really refreshing. Everyone should do it more often. Especially to things like this! You waste so much time asking everyone "what we should do next" or "what do you want?"...when you go alone you can do exactly what you want to do, when you want to!

    I saw a video on those teardrop cakes, but watching them make them just seemed yuck. It's literally like gelatin and nothing else...what would even have flavor!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this looks like fun! but yeah things like this are always so crowded and overpriced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was overcome with nostalgia at the image of the Prospect Park train station. It's been about decade since I've moved out of New York. That's the station the B and Q trains run through, correct?

    The ramen burgers look delicious!

    Alyse (J.X.L.) | Lumière & Lens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct! Once a New Yorker, always a New Yorker!

      Delete

Social Media

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Followers

Blog Archive